Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Project 366 -- Day 18

January 18th.



This week found me at a HUGE local consignment sale, where I picked up quite a few gently used clothes and toys for my girls. I brought the girls with me on Tuesday to drop off a few things to sell, telling them that we could NOT buy anything that day, but that I would come back the next day to get them something, and they could make a request for me to try to find.

Princess's request: a purse.
Little Miss P's request: a pink barn. (???)

The purse I found easily enough, and I even found a nearly matching one for the Little Miss. But, as I suspected, I was not able to locate a pink barn. Fortunately, I did locate a pink school bus. Little Miss P got a normal-colored school bus for Christmas a couple years ago, and she has been obsessed with school buses ever since. Princess got a normal-colored airplane on this occasion as well, and she has been almost as enthralled by it as LMP is with her school bus.

So, the pink duplicates of their favorite toys saved the day. They were quite happy. And I was quite happy that I got all four of these items for under $10 total!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments or critiques that you have for me!