Monday, February 16, 2009

Project 4:8 -- Right

I am no professional photographer, but I am always learning and getting inspired when I visit places like Kelly's photography blog. Kelly recently started a project / contest called the 4:8 Project, based on Philippians 4:8. Somehow I missed the information on this contest earlier on, so my entry is a little late. But here goes anyway. :-)

My entry for the word "Right" --



This is a photo of my wedding bouquet, reflected in the cherry wood of our coffee table. It reminds me of many things that are right. My marriage, since God designed just the right person for me and me for him. My wedding day, the culmination of our courtship, all of which God brought about at just the right time. The continuation of our relationship -- Just as these flowers have quickly changed and grown older, my husband and I have been through a lot of things that changed us quite rapidly. Yet we have weathered the storms, and to me, both these flowers and our relationship are more beautiful than ever, and will last a lifetime. I know that God orchestrated it all, and thus again, it is "right." Finally, just as these flowers are reflected in the wood, I hope that we learn to reflect our Righteous God more and more as the days go by.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for leaving this on my blog - you're the second photo comment I've gotten on this!

    This is lovely - the reflection is just wonderful, and your backdrop is so soft. Oh, and don't be embarrassed about not being professional - I can totally see that this is from your heart.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear any comments or critiques that you have for me!