Monday, February 23, 2009

First Dance


My entry for the Adults' category on iHeartFaces this week (B&W theme) is a photo from my sister-in-law's wedding reception. I love the expression on her husband's face as they dance their first dance. It's like they're off in their own little world. This is also one of the few photos that I really like much better in black and white. It brings out the shadows and points of light more clearly, not to mention highlighting the contrast of white and black on the bride and groom. Maybe not the most amazing photo ever, but I like it. :-)



Be sure to check out all the other entries at iheartfaces.blogspot.com!

Oh, and I love comments!! Constructive criticism is welcome as well.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, they are so in love, aren't they? Weddings do look wonderful in B&W for the very reasons you listed. I might suggest playing with the crop a bit to draw more attnetion to the couple vice the onlookers...otherwise, a lovely picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely. First dance pictures are always my favorite from weddings - so much emotion when the bride and groom are face to face like that. I agree with Julie that cropping would put the focus more squarely on the couple and get rid of some distractions. And adding a vignette might help the couple stand out more too!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear any comments or critiques that you have for me!