Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I ♥ Faces -- "Jump"

So, I haven't participated in the iheartfaces.com challenges for a few months, but I wanted to give it another go this month! The theme this time is "Jump."

So, I originally set out to get a picture of all three of my girls jumping on the bed. I went up to my room to take some test pictures, and my 3-year-old decided to tag along with me. I used her as my model for a while to test my settings and try to get set up for the rest of them. Funny, once I got the other girls in the room and tried to stage the jumping, nothing seemed to be working right... but one of the pictures I got of just my youngest struck me as unique and ended up inspiring the photo below.

This is somewhat outside of my usual editing style, but it was a bit out of my usual shooting style, too, so... What can I say? Everyone's gotta experiment and grow at some point. And in any case, my daughter sure had fun jumping on the bed for a while! :-)

Check out more "Jump" photos at I Heart Faces!

11 comments:

I would love to hear any comments or critiques that you have for me!