Monday, June 1, 2009

iHeartFaces: Week 21 -- Happy Birthday!


What perfect timing for this category! My daughter Lucy celebrated her second birthday yesterday. We recently moved several hours away from any extended family, so sadly we weren't able to celebrate with them. But we had a nice little party at home with Daddy, Mommy, and Baby Sister. I got lots of fun pictures of her playing with her new toys, but none of them were an obvious birthday theme. So in the end, I went with this one of her opening one of her presents.



(Economical side note: 2-year-olds don't care what the present is wrapped in, just so long as it is a present, and it's wrapped. Hence the newspaper as wrapping paper. Also a great way to recycle!) ;-)

Anyway, I know this entry isn't going to win or anything, but I loved it because of her face in this picture -- she is in the middle of saying, "Ooooooo!" as she opens her present. Classic Lucy expression. :-D

Check out some of the other entries at iheartfaces.blogspot.com, and join in the fun! And if you have a comment or critique to share with me, that would be much appreciated! Thanks for visiting.

4 comments:

  1. Great editing! I like how you brightened the colors and darkened the edges. And I totally agree about the newspaper! Kids don't know the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the edits! Can you share?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks! I used Picnik for the edits -- mostly using the features "curves" with the "polaroid" filter (for the coloring), "HDR-ish" (for the contrast), and a little softening. Then I added a little vingette around the edges. I love Picnik! :-) It's so easy to use, and cheap (free for the non-premium edition, which doesn't include some of the features I used).

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear any comments or critiques that you have for me!