Friday, June 26, 2009

Fix-It Friday #18

This pic was not at all difficult to "fix" -- it was already so precious! But here are the edits that I came up with.

Original photo, by the author of this blog:


My edition version:


Again not being terribly specific, here are the general steps that I took in my editing process (using Picnik):
1) Crop -- cropped it down to a better-focused, more interesting composition (in my opinion at least :-p).
2) Curves -- adjusted the lighting, adding more exposure and contrast.
3) Gritty -- to mute the color slightly and make the lines (local contrast) "pop" a little more. (This is probably my favorite Picnik tool, as you may be able to see from my edited pics so far on this blog. :-p)
4) Focal zoom -- to mute the background and put more focus on this beautiful face.
5) Soften -- only on the skin, to give it a smoother appearance.
6) Zombify -- on the eyes, to bring out the catch light just a tiiiiny bit more.
7) Saturation -- putting a teensy bit more color back in there. :-)
8) Matte -- to soften the edges of the photo.
9) Frames -- self-explanatory. :-)

5 comments:

  1. I love that you included your steps. I use Picnik too and haven't tried using Gritty or Zombify yet...but now I will!

    Your edit is awesome and I love the crop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color on this edit - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Awesome!! Your eye editing is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the crop on this. It's unique and adds a lot of interest to the photo.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear any comments or critiques that you have for me!